Dear Family of Walled Lake,
Have you ever helped someone in need who really needed it? Have you ever done something that will change people’s lives out of the goodness of your heart? If you haven’t, now is your chance, go down to the Walled Lake Hospitality House a food pantry and donate food or time or both. People really need your help.
Michigan’s economy is poor, making people lose their jobs. Without jobs, people can’t afford to live. In Walled Lake 10,900 people went to the Hospitality House between January and September so they can feed their family. With people losing jobs, people are losing money, and with people losing money, people are losing lives.
Many people can’t afford to buy food so they go to the Hospitality House and get food for free to feed their families and themselves. The Hospitality House served 4,368 families between January and September, that’s the number of students in our school times ten. Imagine you were in one of those needy families and you had to go to the Hospitality House to get food. That’s how the 4,368 families feel. You can help the families by just donating food and if you can’t afford to give food, give time, volunteer to help them. It’s a great feeling, I know because I helped donate food. Our Walled Lake Elementary 5th graders raised 907 pounds of food.
Think about your kids, the Hospitality House served 10,900 individuals and 4,059 of those were kids, hungry and starving kids. Starving kids are out there and they need your help. Please donate.
You are not only helping the needy, you are helping yourself including your kids. By donating you are setting a good example for your children. Your children will grow up in a society where people think about others before themselves. Donate it’s helping the future.
Donate to charities. It’s a great feeling. When I walked into the Hospitality House and heard they served 600 families a month and in those families many were children. So far in 2008 the Hospitality House has raised over 200,000 pounds of food, I was shocked at how much food they give, I almost cried. And to think, I helped contribute to this worthy cause, my fellow classmates and I raised 970 pounds by everyone bringing in food. Together we made a difference. It was depressing to hear so many people that need help, so please donate it’s a great thing to do.
Sincerely,
Isabel T.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that was ausome!!!
ReplyDeleteI like your post Isabel, it is GREAT!!
ReplyDelete