Wow! He seems excited, I know I would if a Foss plane I made flipped upside down while flying. We were making Foss planes during science and seeing how they fly when the rubber band that's connected is let go from being twisted.
I didn't know I could build a plane out of two straws,a propeller, a rubber band, two Popsicle sticks, and a hook that goes on the back. What we did is we sanded down the Popsicle sticks in till they fit i n the propeller hook.Then we took our super jumbo straw and cut it in half, and hole punched the tops of both half's, then put the jumbo straw through the holes and stapled that between the Popsicle sticks, with the bridge in the air. then stuck the front end in the hook of the propeller with the propeller on the bottom, with the other hook we put it on the other end then put the rubber band on the ends of the hooks. Then we took the plane and put fishing line through the jumbo straw and hooked the line on to two chairs, twisted the propeller. We were ready for flight.
We had to find out how many winds it took to get the plane from one chair to the other. it took twenty seven winds for my plane. after we found that out our teacher announced that we had to find out how many winds ti took to get to the half line, you would think it was thirteen and a half WRONG!!!!!!!! it actually was more, I was surprised.
I learned that it took more winds to get to the half then what I suspected why because it takes a couple winds to get the plane moving. I had a great time with this experiment.
No comments:
Post a Comment